As countries around the world continue to take steps to adjust to COVID-19 challenges, businesses are increasingly relying on technology to optimise operations and to help people remain productive at work, both remotely and in the office.
Many logistics companies affected by quarantines and lockdowns, have been forced to embrace large-scale remote working in an industry that’s traditionally operated ‘onsite’ only.
If you’re a logistics manager adjusting to these new ways of working, you might be feeling increased pressure to ensure your team are collaborating effectively and focused on delivering the work that matters.
Thankfully, you can clear these obstacles with easy-to-use workflow and productivity tools in CargoWise. Every day, logistics companies around the world use these tools to automate, manage and optimise their business processes.
Here’s how you can increase your team’s productivity with CargoWise:
1. Create clear standard operating procedures and embed training material into operational records, so your logistics team understands their job requirements and can more easily execute tasks.
2. Build step-by-step processes – incorporating milestones, exceptions and triggers – so your team knows what they should be focusing on and can see what’s coming up next.
3. Keep on top of who’s doing what and use dynamic routing to reassign work to team members with capacity, so you’re always one step ahead
4. Automate repetitive tasks, escalations and notifications to increase speed and reduce errors. Free your staff to focus on high-value work that matters most to your logistics business.
5. Finally, don’t forget to check-in with your team about their remote experience. This might be unchartered territory for them too, so be sure to make yourself available and celebrate successes, big or small.
Want to know more about workflow and productivity tools in CargoWise? Learn more
Need help optimising your productivity with CargoWise? Our global CargoWise Partner network helps customers of all sizes implement and configure CargoWise to suit your business needs. Find out how